Sunday, November 30, 2014

25 Days of Christmas Cards: Day 3


Hi Everyone!

This card for Day 3 was a lot of fun to make and I was so pleased with the final result. This card was all about distress inks. Distress inks really allow you the opportunity to create some beautiful backgrounds and the best part is that there really is no right or wrong way to do it. I could have used a different variety of colors for this background and the result would have been just as stunning


I chose the following colors for my background: Antique Linen, Victorian Velvet, Seedless Preserves, Faded Jean and Black Soot. I used my ink blending tool and blended from the bottom up, using the Antique Linen first and then moved to the darker colors ending with the the black soot at top. I think this color combination gives a beautiful sunset into night time sky. 
The trees are from Stampin Up "Lovely as a Tree" set stamped in black ink. The sentiment is from Verve's "Unto Us" set. I stamped it in versa mark ink and embossed with white powder. I also embossed to small snowflakes from inkandinkado in white as well. I used a white jelly roll pen to add some other little snowflake/stars to the sky. 
Finally for a last little bit of embellishment, I put some Tombow liquid glue at the bottom of the trees and then sprinkled some white Crafty Fluff for snow on the ground. I trimmed the panel and then adhered it to a piece of Neenah Solar White 110lb card stock. 

Here are the two cards side by side. I think this card is one of my favorites in the series. I think it's one of the best interpretations I was able to do as well. 

Thanks for visiting with me again today, everyone! I'll be back tomorrow with Day 4!

Challenges: 

2. Inkspirational: Christmas (with optional no red or green twist)
3. Paper Creator's Craft: All About Christmas
4. Crafty Mess:  Anything Goes
5. Brown Sugar Challenges: Anything Goes

8 comments:

Pia Larsen said...

Absolutely gorgeous background on this card! Looks amazing.
So glad you are playing with us at INKspirational Challenges for our Christmas Card challenge. Hope you will join us again for our next challenge :)
Pia xx

Marika said...

This is wonderful! I also saw Kristina's card and thought that this is really beautiful holiday card. Your interpretation is beautiful also! I love the silhouette trees! Great card!

Wheelie Crafty said...

Very Lovely card, hunni...Thank you for joining in on our first challenge over at “A Crafty Mess”. Good Luck and we hope to see you soon…

Rhonda DT
http://a-crafty-mess.blogspot.co.uk/
http://craftyartisans.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

beautiful thank you so mutch for sharing with us at brown sugar
hugs Tonnie DT

LauraEva said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!! Thanks for joining us over at HIMCR this week!

cm said...

Absolutely beautiful cards that convey the essence of Christmas. Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing these gems in the Inkspirational gallery!
~c

Darnell said...

Your extraordinary card really stood out in the Inkspiration gallery, Toni! Congratulations on your well-deserved win!! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

Darnell said...

Eek, too early in the morning! I'm sorry, I meant to type Dori, but I'd just come from Toni's!!!